Allegheny York may collect and process the following data about you. We make every effort to limit the collection and use of your data to the minimum amount required to establish and improve our tailored services, website and products to you.:
1. Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web-log statistics and other communication data.
2. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter, request value added services or contact us via the contact us page.
3. Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
4. Periodically, we collect additional personal information from subscribers in voluntary surveys and feedback questionnaires.
The information that we collect and store relating to you is directly used to enable us to provide our services and products to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
2. To meet our contractual commitments to you.
3. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
4. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
5. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers.
6. Allegheny York also logs IP addresses for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We may log IP addresses to track a user's session. Your browser lets us know the type of computer & operating system being used.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services, and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our Website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you. All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
Upon registering for your online account through Allegheny York, you can opt-in to receiving direct marketing about AY and its services. If you subsequently decide you do not want your details used for these purposes, please send an e-mail with 'OPT OUT' in the Subject Title to: email@example.com We are only able to unsubscribe you with reference to the e-mail address you use, not by other forms of identification. We do not send out automatic notifications to subscribers confirming that they have been opted out once they have used these opt out e-mail addresses. Upon request, Allegheny York may remove a subscriber (and related personal information) from our database. We reserve the right to contact you via post, e-mail or telephone solely in relation to the administration of your account. Allegheny York reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws, court orders and lawful government and regulatory requests, to operate its systems properly, and/or to protect itself and its users. We only reserve the right to sell the database of our subscribers (including personal data relating to you) to a third party if we sell, assign or transfer assets of our own company.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not 100% and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.